Welcome to Padres of Mundo Verde!
We are the parent organization of Mundo Verde PCS. Padres is made up of every parent, grandparent, and caregiver who has a child at Mundo Verde. When all parents and caregivers participate through volunteering, attending meetings and events, or joining a committee, our school community thrives.
Want to get involved? Fill out this form!
The Mundo Verde Fiesta! (previously known as the Gala)
The Mundo Verde Fiesta (previously known as the Gala) will be Saturday, June 1, 2019! All proceeds from the Fiesta will go to the play space campaign. The Fiesta is a fundraiser, adult evening out, and community party. It is a ticketed event (tickets have in the past cost between $60 and $75, with discounted and free tickets available for anyone who needs them). Ticket price includes food, drinks, and great music and friends. The Fiesta will include an auction of items ranging from special home-cooked dinners, restaurant gift certificates, sporting events, vacation homes, and much more. Please come to the Fiesta! Tickets will be on sale in early Spring.
Also, if there is anything you would like to donate to the auction, please reach out. If you are able to get donations from friends, businesses, or relatives, that would be fantastic. The auction donation form is linked here. You can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday Happy hour!
- Tuesday, May 7, 4:15 - 6:30 pm at Pear Plum Cafe in Mt. Pleasant. (The cafe is staying open late for us!) Address: 3064 Mt Pleasant St NW, Washington, DC.
- Join the Padres social committee for a happy hour to raise a glass in community and support for our school. Pear Plum will have a full bar available and select snacks. The happy hour drink menu includes a $7 specialty Mundo Verde cocktail, $5 house wines, and $3 beers. Pear Plum will donate a portion of the proceeds to the school. Other food can be purchased at their market next door, Each Peach. Children are welcome.
Next Padres Meeting
- Monday, May 13, 5:15pm, Zocalo
- The last Padres meeting of the year will be on Monday May 13th from 5:15-6:30 pm. Childcare will be provided through extended day. At this meeting we will have a parent discussion of the unionization effort. We have invited ED Kristin Scotchmer, some teachers that are part of the union effort, and some teachers/staff that have concerns about unionizing to speak with the parent community. This will be a respectful dialogue where we hope parents can learn additional information. It would be incredibly helpful if people submitted questions ahead of time to: email@example.com. You can still ask questions at the meeting, but submitting your questions early will help keep us organized.
- At the meeting we will also have an election for the positions of President and Secretary of Padres and give updates on the Padres budget, fundraising goals, and the June 1 Fiesta.